All Now Mysterious...

Friday, April 18, 2008

The Usual Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Feast One Hundred & Eighty Seven

Appetizer Name a color you find soothing.
Pink—specifically, the color of Pepto Bismol. When my stomach is upset, I find Pepto very soothing.

Soup Using 20 or less words, describe your first driving experience.
I couldn't get the clutch to engage properly. Dad got upset, and told my little brother to try it instead.

Salad What material is your favorite item of clothing made out of?
I don't know that I have a favorite item of clothing, but if I do, it's probably cotton or a poly-cotton blend. That's what most of my clothes are made out of.

Main Course Who is a great singer or musician who, if they were to come to your town for a concert, you would spend the night outside waiting for tickets to see?
The Beatles, including John and George. That would be remarkable enough that I'd be willing to stay out all night for tickets. Otherwise, I just don't see the appeal.

Dessert What is the most frequent letter of the alphabet in your whole name (first, middle, maiden, last, etc.)?
Surprisingly enough, it's a letter that's not in my first name: T.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 171 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 break up songs

» "Now She'll Never Know" by Marillion
In the after-silence
Fighting leaves behind
I try to think it over
But my mind's gone blind
I lost the right to argue
Somewhere down the line
I had to tell
She told me to
Go to Hell
And here I am


» "Broken Hearted Me" by Anne Murray
Every now and then I cry
Every night you keep stayin' on my mind
All my friends say I'll survive
It just takes time

But I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart
No I don't see how it can if it's broken all apart
A million miracles could never stop the pain
Or put all the pieces together again
No I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart
No I don't see how it can while we are still apart
And when you hear this song
I hope that you will see
That time won't heal a broken-hearted me


» "Shaft" by Micky and the Motorcars
'Cause I won't need your s*** after all the hell
You put me through
Yeah, it'll be a while before I can love again
All the ripping and the tearing you did to my insides
Well, it's safe to say you took me for a ride


» "Coast of Marseilles" by Jimmy Buffett
Would you be remembering me?
I ask that question time and again
The answer came and haunted me so
I would not want to think it again
No I would not want to think it again

You make it so hard to forget
I haven't stopped loving you yet

When I left the coast of Marseilles
I hadn't done what I'd come to do
Spent all the money I'd saved
Still did not get over you
No I still did not get over you


» "After You've Gone" by Toto
It's always much too late
We get the signs
We can't communicate
Or turn back time

So what will be now
Do you feel somehow
Not so together and not quite as strong
Now I believe
Alone doesn't have to mean lonely
After you've gone

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home