All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Night Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Feast One Hundred & Eighty Six
(I'm cheating a little on this one; this is last week's feast. There is no Feast this week.)

Appetizer Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.
It doesn't matter what it looks like or what it'd be called. I'd never remember the name and in all likelihood, I'd kill it. I think it's probably one of my mother's lasting regrets that I can't identify or take care of flowers after growing up with so many of them around the house.

Soup Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.
Elaine Paige. Cats (London cast). Chess. Even her Queen tribute. She's amazing in all of them.

Salad On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?
Usually, around 9. Recently, around 7. I have to get some stuff out of the back—Tupperware, specifically—before it evolves and develops language skills.

Main Course How do you feel about poetry?
"I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree...." I enjoy poetry, though I'm not an aficionado or an expert or anything. I have been known to write haiku once in a while.

Dessert What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?
I think I may have taken a picture or two last weekend while Nancy's friend was in town from London. I don't really recall. She usually takes all the pictures. I just stand there and smile like I'm supposed to.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 170 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 artists you wish would record a new album.
(Tell us a bit about why you want them to go back into the studio, too.)

» Kansas
2000's Somewhere to Elsewhere was their best album since Point of Know Return. The band's been touring a lot since then; in fact, they're coming to Utah this summer. Which is great, but how about a new studio album, guys?

» Rush
We got to see the band last year on their Snakes & Arrows tour, and it was amazing. These guys just get better with age. I can't wait for the next disc, which is probably at least a year or three away.

» Rocket Scientists
These guys, on the other hand, never tour anywhere near us. With Erik Norlander's involvement with Lana Lane's ongoing recording career and in Asia featuring John Payne, it looks like the Rocket Scientists are probably going on the back burner. Again.

» Reckless Kelly
We got to see these guys live last year, too...the same weekend as the Rush concert, in fact. They (along with Cross Canadian Ragweed) raised the roof on the place. XCR has since come out with another album. Now I'm waiting on RK's follow-up to Wicked Twisted Road.

» Traveling Wilburys
True, my two favorite members of the band (George Harrison and Roy Orbison) are gone, but I think the three remaining Wilburys could still make some amazing music. Especially if they recruited another member or two. Personally, I'd nominate Mark Knopfler.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home