All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Poor Positioning

I had to go deposit my paycheck (from the school district, so no problem with bouncing checks there) yesterday during my lunch break. As it turned out, the nearest branch of my credit union to where I was teaching was inside a Walmart store. So that's where I went.

On my way in, I saw a man with a cardboard sign at the entrance to the parking lot. It had the usual "Homeless" "Please Help" "God Bless" and so forth on it. I've discovered a lot of places where panhandlers like to set up shop here in SLC, but this was the first time I'd ever seen one in a Walmart parking lot.

I couldn't hep but notice that nobody was stopping for him. As far as I could tell, he wan't making any money.

I passed him again on the way out. Same thing, no business. I wanted to roll down my window and tell him he'd picked a really bad location. I wanted to say:

"If these people had money to give away, they wouldn't be at Walmart!"

Think about it.

1 Comments:

  • No kidding. That's funny and sad. One of my friends gave money to a woman at a certain location (not WM) who gave a story about how she got stuck in SLC and needed to get back to wherever. Within a few weeks, I was with this friend in the same location and the same woman was there giving the same story to somebody else. I want to rant a bit, but think I'd better not. :)

    By Blogger Wendy, At March 22, 2009 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home