All Now Mysterious...

Friday, June 03, 2005

I'm Tired...Tired of Being Admired....

Long day today. I tried to sleep in this morning, but my body was being uncooperative. Fine. There were things to do, so I got started. I updated my paperboy list, printed out the routes, and started organizing things. I'll do the rest of the organizing tonight and the actual deliveries tomorrow before I leave for work. Yes, I've got another training class tomorrow, nine to two. Again, I've got nine contestants scheduled. We'll see.

Then it was off to school. Tuition was due today, and due to an ongoing debate with the Financial Aid department, I actually had to walk in with a check. Even though I only have one class on Fridays, and it starts at 12:30, I left early so as to allow plenty of time to wait in line at the pay window. When I arrived there, I found exactly one person in line. Of course, this was at around 10:45 in the morning. When things got closer to the end of the day, I'm sure the panic factor set in and the lines grew longer. It pays to be punctual.

That left me with an hour and a half until the next significant event. I had my first exam of the semester today, and unless I am very much mistaken, I nailed it. I finished it 15 minutes early, and there was only one problem on which I felt uncertain. Part of that uncertainty is due to the fact that it involved more than the basic level of trigonometry, and I had trig in 1985. My professor for this class is actually a grad student, so he's a good deal younger than I. If he's even as old as his late 20's, that still means that he was probably in grade school when I took trig.

Then I came to work, where I am now. We have an unusual shift running tonight. We have exactly one project we're calling on, and the client insists that we don't call between 5:30 and 7:00 EDT. So everyone, including the supervisors, had to sign out for an hour and a half because there was nothing else for us to do. Actually, I took advantage of the time to get ready for the training session tomorrow. I've done everything it is possible to do in advance.

And to fill in the rest of the time, I decided to do a little blogging. My name is Michael, and I'm an addict. Or maybe I'm just compulsive. Whatever.

So, two more hours, then reports, then the short drive home, then organizing the newsletter for tomorrow's dropoffs. And then, I hope, a good, solid night's rest. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home