All Now Mysterious...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Two Late

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 2 December 2005.

Appetizer When was the last time you did something you would consider courteous, what was it, and who was it for?
Last week, I bought photocopies for my lab partners. They tried to object, and I said, "This thing (i.e., my student ID/cash card) is useless to me in a couple of weeks." Eleven days, now...but who's counting?

Soup If you were to have a painting done of you alone, what would you want the background to be?
A bunch of people at a college graduation ceremony.

Salad Describe your voice.
I'm a baritone, with an above-average singing voice (if I do say so myself). I generally speak quietly, but I can turn up the volume when necessary. I have kind of a goofy laugh.

Main Course What is something you would like to do, but you're afraid of the risk(s)?
I did a ropes course a few years ago. I had a great time, but it scared me to death. I'd like to try it again.

Dessert What was the last television show you watched?
Monday Night Football: Seahawks 28, Eagles 0. No, I'm not about to turn in my geek card. I like football.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 Beautiful Voices
(Yes, all of mine are going to be women.)

» Sarah McLachlan - Her voice is smooth and ethereal without being shrill or insubstantial.

» Kiri Te Kanawa - Her rendition of "O Divine Redeemer" is just stunning. If you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.

» Anne Murray - She was my first celebrity crush. Shut up.

» Elaine Paige - The Queen of British Musical Theatre, and rightly so. Her rendition of "Memory" (Cats, '81 London Cast) makes it impossible for me to listen to other versions.

» Enya - I can always count on her to calm me down when I'm feeling stressed. I consider that beautiful.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home