All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Movin' Movin' Movin'

Money talks and bull____ walks
And everything I own
You could put in a box
(Micky & the Motorcars, "Ain't In It for the Money")


Fifty-five boxes, actually. I know because I counted them as I unloaded my car into the new apartment last night. I don't know which was more surprising: that I actually have 55 boxes of stuff, or that I could fit it all into the back of the Dreadnought. The latter, I suppose. I am a bit of a pack rat—which is like saying the Titanic took on a bit of water.

Yes, I'm moving again. This move is certain to be orders of magnitude better than the last move. The reasons for this move are better (i.e., moving into a shared living space instead of out of one). The time element is not so critical this time around. If it takes me an extra day or two to get the last remnants over to the new place, it's no big deal with either landlord. I have a bit more help lined up this time, too. And I didn't stay up all night packing this time.

The only hitch seems to be the weather. It started raining last night as I was unloading my boxes, and it hasn't stopped. The forecast calls for "a passing morning shower" today. So we'll likely be doing at least some of this in the rain. Still, I'll take the rain over "highs in the mid-90's", which is what I had last time.

So this is the last post from my current location. Once this goes up, I'll dismantle my computer and get ready to set up shop in the new place. We don't have ISP service there yet, so I'll feel a little disconnected. Once we figure out where we're going and what our shared financial situation looks like, we'll see about getting hooked back up to the outside world. Until then, I've still got access at work.

And now it's time for breakfast and a quick shower, followed by a small bit of last-minute packing. Then it's off to get the truck and start the adventure. I'm taking some stuff down to Nancy's family's house first. Then we'll pack her stuff and move it to the new place. Finally, we'll come back to my place, get (at least most of) my remaining stuff, and move it over to the new location.

Wish us luck, everyone!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home