All Now Mysterious...

Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Friday Again

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 19 May 2006.

Appetizer What is the last thing you had to have repaired?
The toilet. It clogged today for the third time in a month. The landlord's looking into a replacement.

Soup If someone gave you $2,000 with the stipulation that you had to spend half of it on yourself and give the rest to charity, where would you spend the $1,000 and which charity would receive your remaining $1,000?
My $1000: A new, more comfortable couch.
The other $1000: Salt Lake County Animal Services

Salad What is one of your favorite songs from the 1980s?
"Fantasy" by Aldo Nova. For some reason, I associate it with church activities growing up.

Main Course You enter a pet store. Which section do you go to first?
The dog supply section. We will have a dog one day. And not one of those little yappy dogs. I'm talking about a decent sized dog, like a Labrador retriever or a Dalmatian or something.

Dessert On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how athletic are you?
Not very, maybe 3 or so. But I'm getting my bike tuned up, so that should help. (I'm not really doing it for my health, though. Truth is, I just can't afford to put gas in the Dreadnought right now....)

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 Album Covers

» The Ladder by Yes

Any discussion of great album covers has to include the art of Roger Dean, IMHO. This is one of my favorites that he's done. And the album's as good as the art.

» Aqua by Asia

I love the juxtaposition of aquatic and stellar elements in this cover. The interior art features more of the same. It's not Dean, but it's close.

» Chicago 16 by Chicago

With all the creative things they've done with their logo over the years, Chicago had to make the list. The microchip look on this cover is great for the era (early '80s).

» Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

There are literally dozens of people and objects shown on this cover. It gets in on sheer numbers.

» 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults by P.D.Q.Bach

This one just makes me laugh.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home