All Now Mysterious...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Two Three For the Road

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 28 April 2006.

Appetizer On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?
Probably an 8 or a 9. As the saying goes, a gentleman is never rude unintentionally.

Soup What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
A bumper sticker on the back of a pickup: "Yes, this is my truck. No, I won't help you move."

Salad Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Raven of the Teen Titans. Her dry, biting wit is irresistable.

Main Course Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.
That would have to be Howard Palmer, my high school cehmistry/physics/computer science teacher. He was a pyro, and he was a lot of fun as a result. One example: He taught us projectile motion by having us build tennis ball cannons. Great stuff.

Dessert Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.
...the past ten days have been the best ten days of my life to this point.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that "answer" the musical question: Where do we go from here?

» "Goin' Home" by Toto
...'cause I've been away much too long.

» "The Chapel of Love" by Dixie Cups
Goin' to the chapel and we're
Gonna get married

Went there, did that. :)

» "One Night in Bangkok" by Murray Head
All change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue
It's Iceland -- or the Philippines -- or Hastings
Or -- or this place!


» "Sailing to Philadelphia" by Mark Knopfler with James Taylor
A world away from the coaly Tyne

» "Go to Hell" by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
If you steal and cheat, you lie, you fight,
You party with the boys, staying out all night
And you give up church and you give up prayer
And you have a goatee and grow long hair
And you're rude and crude and lewd
And run around half-naked, you're in the nude
And you listen to that darn rock and roll
I swear, I swear ... You're gonna go to hell.


--

Part III: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 21
April 2006.


Appetizer List 3 things you keep putting off.
1. Unpacking
2. Filling out job applications
3. Getting up in the morning

Soup What do you feel is your greatest responsibility?
Making my new bride happy. The sealer (the man who married us) even told me so.

Salad If you could have starred in any movie, which one would you have wanted to be in and why?
Stargate. Traveling to a faraway world and meeting new societies would be exciting. So would getting shot at by an ancient extraterrestrial with a god complex, but not in the same way.

Main Course What is an expectation you had as a child about being an adult and, now that you are grown up, you realize you were wrong?
I used to think that adults knew more than I did. Now that I'm an adult, I realize
a) that I don't know as much as people sometimes give me credit for, and
b) I knew more in high school than do a lot of 'adults' I see today.

Dessert When was the last time you had your car serviced?
I replaced the started in February; that's the last real 'servicing' I've had done to the car. I really need to take it in for an oil change soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home