All Now Mysterious...

Friday, May 26, 2006

MeMe Squared

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 26 May 2006.

Appetizer How old were you when you got your first credit card?
I was 27. I was unelployed that summer, and I lived off it. It took me until I was almost 35 to pay it off. Won't do that again.

Soup When was the last time you felt out of place?
Tonight at work, a little bit. We had an unusual project running, so I typed up specific instructions as to how to deal with it. We handed them out at the beginning of the shift and told people to read it. Several people still made all the mistakes I'd warned thm about because they hadn't bothered to read the instructions. It made me wonder what I was doing here in the first place. I need a real job.

Salad Did you have a curfew when you were a teenager? If so, what time did you have to be home?
Surprisingly, I never had a curfew when I was growing up. (Perhaps not surprisingly, both of my brothers did.)

Main Course Name a person from history with whom you feel you have something in common.
Alexander Borodin. He was a scientist by trade but always had a special passion for music. Strangely enough, he's better known today as a composer than as a chemist.

Dessert When you read a newspaper, which section do you go for first?
I'm with Earl Warren, former Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, on this one: "I always turn to the sports page first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page nothing but man's failures."

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 "Beach" Songs

Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
The ultimate beach song. Am I right, or am I right?

Some Beach by Blake Shelton
I had to laugh the first time I heard this song. I thought he was saying something else.

Californa Girls by the Beach Boys
You knew that Brian Wilson and company had to be on this list somewhere.

Back In The U.S.S.R. by the Beatles
Okay, it's not really a beach song, but it sounds like one!

Cannibal Surf Babe by Marillion
Same with this one. 'Well, she tied me to her headboard with a surf leash....'

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home