All Now Mysterious...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ISTJ

I took a personality test for one of my assignments. Here are the results. They're probably no big surprise to anyone who knows me.

The Jung personality test classified me as ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging). This result is consistent with personality tests I've taken before. I am very traditional in my outlook and my preferences. I believe that function is more important than form. I believe that performance should measure up to certain standards, and that those standards should be well-defined. I belive in being on time, and it bothers me when I'm late to an appointment.

I also tend to be judgmental. I sometimes have difficulty empathizing with people's problems—especially if I see those problems as being of their own making. I have to make it a point to listen to what people are saying sometimes rather than jumping to a quick conclusion. I struggle with being patient with other people's struggles.

As an educator, I feel my strengths will be my mastery of content, my professionalism, and my attention to detail. But I will need to work to establish meaningful relationships with students, especially those who struggle academically and those I feel aren't taking their education seriously. I will need to reach out to these students to help them get the most out of their educational experience.

Take the HumanMetrics Jung Typology Test. (Based on Myers-Briggs)
ISTJ according to Keirsey
ISTJ according to Joe Butt

2 Comments:

  • I could have written that entire post! Well, except for the being on time part. From one Taurus to another, and from a future-educator to an educator, nice to meet your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 23, 2006 10:40 AM  

  • INTJ (89, 12, 50, 56)
    Again, as you said - not a surprise to anyone who knows me.
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

    -CAG

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 24, 2006 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home