All Now Mysterious...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stop, Thief!

Today was Training Day at work again. Small class, only three recruits signed up to attend. Strangely enough, all of them showed up. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I got them through to the second break, their last respite before the practice survey and the test. As this break approached, I began to look forward to enjoying the 7-Up I had brought from home. A good, cold, 12-ounce lemon-lime refreshement break would really hit the spot.

It was gone. Someone had stolen my drink from the company refrigerator.

I did a quick sweep of the call center to see if I could catch a glimpse of my purloined soda and confront the perpetrator. No such luck. I returned to my training group greatly disappointed.

Then, once the newbies were taking the test and I was getting out my dinner, I saw it. No, not in the fridge where I had left it--in the recycle bin. The can was empty. Whoever had taken it had left it there for me to see. My disappointment was complete. I guess that's what I get for setting my heart on the things of this world.

At least they recycled the can.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home