All Now Mysterious...

Friday, April 06, 2007

Early Morning Memes

The prefect cure for insomnia...

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for April 6th, 2007:

Appetizer When you travel, which mode of transportation do you prefer?
Flying is nice, but budget constraints usually won't allow this. So we usually drive. What I'd really love to do sometime is to tour the country by rail.

Soup Have you ever met a blogging friend in person?
I've actually met two of them. I met Cinderooski at the (in)famous MP19, where she was kind enough to introduce me to the music of the California Guitar Trio. I also met with the host of Chickeny Goodness and her family once to expedite a yuletide gift delivery.
It should also be noted that I've been friends with Dilliwag, Lord Mhoram, and Wendy for years. And Diesel 120 and I used to work together. Technically, I guess we sorta still do.

Salad When was the last time you were really, really tired?
Most of this past week, actually. I had mononucleosis a few years ago, and every so often, I feel like I've relapsed. That's how this past week has felt. Gotta love that Epstein-Barr virus!

Main Course If you could have dinner with any one fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be?
Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America. I'd like to hear his insights on how the fight against evil has changed over more than half a century. Plus, I'll bet he's got some really funny, embarrassing stories about some of his teammates (Tony Stark).

Dessert Fill in the blank: One day, I hope to see _____.
"...a poem lovely as a tree"?
Seriously, I hope one day to see children of my/our own. And sooner would be better than later. We're not spring chickens anymore, you know! (The man who married us actually told us this. It was pretty funny.)

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

This week's Top 5 is brought to you by Lord Mhoram.
Top five songs that are track #5 on the album.

»"Time Again" by Asia
From the album Asia

I'm convinced the band recorded this song just to show off. It features one of my favorite guitar solos by Steve Howe, and Carl Palmer's drumming is exceptional. Most impressive.

»"Ponies" by Jason Boland and the Stragglers
From the album Pearl Snaps

An homage to Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders in the Sky, this song tells the story from the viewpoint on someone the devil hasn't caught...yet.

»"Better Days" by Crenshaw
From the album Upside Down

Even the worst of days are better when you've got someone great to come home to.

»"The Big Medley" by Dream Theater
From the album A Change of Seasons

It is a big medley, performed live and featuring Pink Floyd's "In The Flesh", Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son", Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", Journey's "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'", Dixie Dregs' "Cruise Control", and Genesis' "Turn It On Again". And that's not even the best song on the album.

»"Quality Shoe" by Mark Knopfler
From the album The Ragpicker's Dream

It's rare that an artist can take an experience as mundane as buying a new pair of shoes and make an appealing song out of it.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home