All Now Mysterious...

Friday, June 05, 2009

Pic of the Week: Phones

Nancy and I got new cell phones a couple of weeks ago. My new phone is the first one I've ever had with a camera. I've often asked Nancy to take a picture of something as we were out and about on our daily adventures. Now I can do it myself.

I thought one way that I could use my new toy tool was to record moments and images from my daily life. I share the first of them today.



This is a picture of all the cell phones I've ever owned. Yes, I still have them all. The one on the left is an old-school Motorola flip phone. The phone itself was pretty nice, but I had an expensive calling plan with limited minutes—a fact exacerbated by a certain individual who insisted on calling me on the way to work every other morning. Still, it was my first cell phone, and it did help on one occasion when a saw I guy swerve off I-80 in southern Wyoming after a snowstorm. Ah, memories.

The next phone, the blue Nokia, was the one I got after Nancy and I started dating. When it started misbehaving after a couple of years, I replaced it with the silver one—the same model with the same features, just a different color.

And now, on the right, there's the newest phone. It's a Motorola Razr2 with a lot of bells and whistles. In addition to the camera, there's also an MP3 player, so the phone essentially doubles as an iPod. Score! The reception isn't great in our apartment (which is in the basement), so that's one disadvantage. Some of the features aren't as user-friendly as they were on the Nokia, either. And I still haven't figured out how to do everything with it. But it'll be fine. It'll have to be. We're locked in for the next two years.

More pics to come in the coming weeks and months.

2 Comments:

  • Nice! I have also thought of photographing my old phones, but decided not to since half of them have been in the toilet and I didn't want to touch them. I am a fan of Motorola phones too. The phone I have right now is the KRZR K1, I like that Motorolas have an easy USB interface. If you ever need advice on flashing your phones firmware to a new sweet operating system or getting java games like scrabble on there for free, I'm your guy.

    By Blogger Matt, At June 05, 2009 11:19 AM  

  • Yay for new phones! The only problem is we got the same phone so we have to open it up to make sure we are grabbing the right one. I'm amazed at how much music you were able to fit on your phone. We need to work on getting music on my phone now.

    By Blogger Nancy, At June 05, 2009 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home