All Now Mysterious...

Friday, June 19, 2009

Top 5 On Friday: Week 227

From The Music Memoirs

Top 5 songs you'd be happy to never hear again.

5. "Give It Away" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Uninteresting and overplayed. The only redeeming quality of this song is that it made for a nice Weird Al cover ("Bedrock Anthem").

4. "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden
This one's on my list mostly by association. Hearing it reminds me of a certain individual, and of a part of my life that's past and should stay past.

3. "Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams
Also on the list by association, though with a different individual.

2. "Devil Inside" by INXS
Or for that matter, pretty much any song by INXS. The group's music is so insidious. You hear a few seconds of one of their songs, and it stays in your head for days. You can't get it out. I know, I've tried.

1. "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" by John Lennon
It's a Christmas song! It's a protest song! It's two songs in oneā€”both annoying! And in the last 6-8 years, everyone and their dog has recorded a version of it! Enough already!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home