All Now Mysterious...

Friday, October 15, 2004

It's Friday again? Already?

Appetizer What is your favorite beverage?
Right now, my favorite beverage is water with Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine dissolved in it. The first cold of the season hit me yesterday, so I'm taking the stuff every four hours as directed.

Soup Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.
1. A candle warmer. I get the pleasant aromas of candles without the smoke.
2. A vertical sorter that holds my monthly bills, along with stamps and address labels.
3. Various books, CDs, and other stuff that I haven't made time to put away yet.

Salad On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?
I could tell you I'm a 10, but I'd be lying. Probably 8-9.

Main Course If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?
I think George Washington would be outraged at what typically goes on in the city bearing his name. So I believe we should change the name of our nation's capitol to something more fitting...like "Shysterville".

Dessert What stresses you out? What calms you down?
One thing that really stresses me out is unmet expectations, in myself and in others. I get stressed if I don't do as well as I'd expected on a test, or if I have to explain the same thing to someone five different times. That's solved easily enough, though. I just need to learn to accept rather than to expect.
Music calms me down, although the specific music necessary to do so varies from time to time. Sometimes it's Beethoven, sometimes it's Joe Satriani. You can never tell.

{Friday's Feast, 15 October 2004}

3 Comments:

  • Shysterville. I love it.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At October 15, 2004 2:19 PM  

  • Now, now, boys. Label the crooked politicians "shysters," but don't tar the other 650,000 of us who live here with that brush. DC is a beautiful city, and most of us have nothing to do with the federal government except at tax time. We don't even have a vote in congress, unlike you folks who live in the states. You at least have a crooked representative and two crooked senators to represent you. SLC is a pretty little town, but you should pay us a visit, ideally in the spring when everything is in bloom. Visit your representatives and tell them that this DC resident is tired of paying federal taxes and not having a say in how they're spent. Isn't that why we had a revolution to begin with?

    By Blogger onlineguy, At October 17, 2004 8:47 PM  

  • No offense intended to the other 650,000. I sometimes forget that Washington D.C. is an actual city, not a fictional place like Oz.

    As for the 'taxation without representation', I understand your point, but I'm not sure I agree with it. It seems to me that in a civics class long ago, I learned that the fine folks who set up the District of Columbia did it that way to try to avoid a conflict of interest - sort of a 'neutral zone' separate from the states. History is not my strong suit, admittedly, but the reasoning seemed to make sense to me at the time.

    I've been as close to DC as western Maryland, and you're right, it is beautiful in that part of the world. I prefer the fall, however. We get plenty of things in bloom out here, but nothing like the explosion of fall colors that you folks have.

    By Blogger Michael, At October 18, 2004 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home