All Now Mysterious...

Friday, September 24, 2004

Feasting on Friday

The latest from Friday's Feast:

Appetizer On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest), how attractive do you think you are?
While I’m not likely to be mistaken for Brad Pitt, I’m not hideously deformed, either. I suppose I’m about average. Since we’re treating this mathematically, I’ll put myself somewhere around the mean –- say, 5.0 ± 1.5.

Soup What local restaurant would you recommend to a visitor to your town or city?
Café Rio. Great food and generous portions at very reasonable prices. I’d probably call ahead for takeout, though. The place is always insanely busy.

Salad What's a lesson you had to learn the hard way?
I had to learn that once a relationship is over, you have to move on. You can’t go back. I tried it once -- and spent six years getting back out. Feh.

Main Course Name something in your life that you feel you can depend on 100%.
Death. Taxes. Exams. Utah drivers not paying attention to the road. Women doing things I don’t understand. Protesters shouting and waving signs at General Conference. The bus I’m transferring to running on time when the bus I’m on is late. Computer crashes at inopportune times. Government incompetence. The Rockies’ bullpen blowing a lead. Being asked for money while walking downtown. Junk food being cheaper than real food. Colleges and universities cranking out athletes who can’t complete a grammatically correct sentence. Said athletes making millions while teachers pay off student loans for the rest of their lives. Credit card solicitations in the mail. Networks dropping innovative programming to make room for more reality shows.
Cynical answers to innocuous questions.

Dessert If you could see the front page of a newspaper from September 24, 2104, what would you imagine the headline might be?
Suicide Bomber Kills Dozens in Jerusalem. With the history those folks have got, what difference could another 100 years make?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home