All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Quote of the Day

This comes from today's issue of the University of Utah's newspaper, the Utah Daily Chronicle:

Todd Lamoreaux, a business student, said the need for a future draft will be determined by the winner of this year's presidential election.

"As long as Kerry wins, we'll have a more lovely America with no more war," he said. "The terrorists will go away and I don't think there will be any more wars."


I can only assume that Mr. Lamoreaux was being sarcastic, or that the paper quoted him completely out of context. I can't imagine that anyone with a modicum of higher education would say something so simplistically ludicrous.

If I honestly thought that either (or any) candidate could make the terrorists just "go away", they'd have my vote in a heartbeat.

If any of you think that either (or any) candidate can make the terrorists just "go away", please call me. I'd like to talk to you about a bridge....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home