All Now Mysterious...

Friday, December 09, 2005

Two For Flinching!

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 9 December 2005.

Appetizer Name something you'll miss about 2005.
My daily treks to campus, especially when the weather is nasty.
Yeah, right. ;)

Soup What is one thought that went through your mind today?
I hope Aaron's present gets here today so I can send the lot off to Colorado in time for Christmas.

Salad On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how compassionate would you say you are?
I don't know, 7? 8? 6? I'm told I'm pretty gentle and understanding, but I also know I can do better.

Main Course If you could invent something, what would it be?
A practical automobile that burns junk mail as fuel.

Dessert Do you prefer salty snacks or sweet treats?
Definitely sweet treats. Stupid dental work!

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

In honor of the first major snow storm of the year...
Top Five "Winter" Songs

» Joy to the World by Bruce Mitchell
  I always play this song at the first snowfall of the year.

» Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett
  "Twenty degrees and the hockey game's on / Nobody cares they are way too far gone / Screamin' boat drinks, something to keep 'em all warm."

» High County Snows by Dan Fogelberg
  Soothing, like a quiet snowfall.

» A Hazy Shade Of Winter by Simon & Garfunkel
  No explanation necessary, I trust.

» The Suicide Song by Bobbi Joy
  This is not a real song, at least not that I know of. It's taken from the short story "The Law of Conservation of Pain", published in Spider Robinson's Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. Read it, you'll understand.

Alternately, I could just recommend Lana Lane's Winter Sessions CD. All the songs on it mention winter in some fashion.

--
[ I'm awarding a No-Prize to the first one to name the movie from which I've taken today's title. -M ]

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home