All Now Mysterious...

Monday, August 28, 2006

Nature Abhors a Vacuum, and So Do I.

You might remember Item C) from last week's to-do list: Vacuum the front room, office, and bedroom. Vacuuming is not my favorite household task, which is why it's taken me a full week to get to it. But I finally got sufficiently motivated and started in the bedroom.

We got a rather nice vacuum for our wedding. That is to say, we used some of the gift cards we got for our wedding and bought a rather nice vacuum with them. It's a Eureka Altima 2971BVZ with all kinds of nifty features: detachable crevice tool with extension, stair brush, and self-cleaning dust wand. And it's bagless, which is cool.

Anyway, I started vacuuming around 10:30 this morning. I got the bedroom done, and the hallway. I got half of the living room (a.k.a. 'The Scrapbooking Area') done, then moved into the main area of the living room.

That's when it died.

Yep, after making my way around the edges of the living room, it just quit working. I found it wasn't the outlet, so I checked the non-bag to see if it needed to be emptied. Yes, and in a big way. So I did that, cleaned the hepa filter while I was at it, and put it all back together again. No go. The motor won't even turn. Our four-month-old vacuum cleaner is dead. And that, for lack of a better word, just sucks.

I can't say this has done much to increase my motivation level for vacuuming in the future.

1 Comments:

  • Wow. That's kind of weird. You obviously emanated such dislike for the task that you destroyed the machine. Remind me to never get on your bad side.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At August 28, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home