All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Return on the Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 15 December 2006.

Appetizer What was your very first job with a paycheck?
Fry cook at Wendy's. How cliché, I know. I should have become a lifeguard like Dilliwag and my brothers, but I could never get the kick right on the breaststroke, so I could never progress past one of the classes I needed for that.

Soup Did you ever lose something really important to you?
Yeah. But I found a new one, even better, and then I married her.


Salad What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
If there's a better one than when Nancy gave my Firefly last Christmas, I can't remember it. This year I introduced her to Babylon 5. ::crosses fingers::

Main Course Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.
Church. No, seriously. I was something of an outcast at my own school, so a lot of the friends I had were from the church I attended in Greeley. I remember a lot of fun church youth activities, as well as just getting to see everyone again on Sundays.

Dessert Name something that always brings a smile to your face.
The knowledge that the Oakland Raiders aren't going to the playoffs this year. Again. :]

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 Musical Mishaps (Things that you've done, or artists have done that are a big Whoops!)

» John Rutsey
A founding member of Rush, he quit the band in 1974 citing health concerns and 'creative differences'. After Neil Peart took his place, Rush became hugely popular and successful, with a worldwide fan base that still supports the band more than 30 years later. Rutsey became an amateur bodybuilder.

» Chris Gaines
This would have been an outstanding move as a singer and an actor for Garth Brooks—if it had worked. Maybe Garth gave the industry, and his fan base, a little too much credit.

» "Surviving Nugent"
A vegan and animal rights activist agrees to go on a reality show hosted by Ted Nugent. What was she thinking?

» The Beatles
I know Curtis mentioned this, but Yoko Ono. Enough said.

» The Ditzy Twits Dixie Chicks
They were the hottest thing in country music, poised to go on an Alabama-like run, until they started making political comments that alienated their fan base. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't mean you can bite the hands that feed you with impunity.

4 Comments:

  • I expect royalties from the soup. :)

    By Blogger Lord Mhoram, At December 16, 2006 10:25 AM  

  • Your comments on the Dixie Twits reminds me of another similar situation.

    A country singer was getting solid airplay and had recorded a CD with one of the greatest country producers of all time (Owen Bradley) who came out of retirement to produce the album. She then makes some "don't eat beef" ads and is pretty much banned from country radio.
    What does she do - turns around and records a pop album and wins a grammy. I'm speaking of course of k d lang

    By Blogger Lord Mhoram, At December 16, 2006 10:32 AM  

  • Firefly is the BEST!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 16, 2006 10:54 AM  

  • Poor Yoko. Ok, well maybe not poor Yoko. I guess you can never tell what way a person is going to love. I often wonder if they'd still be married if John had lived.

    Great answers and though I tend to agree with what the Ditsy Chicks say, I think they do go overboard.

    Thanks for playing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At December 17, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home