All Now Mysterious...

Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Morning Memes

This week's delay in publishing the memes comes to you courtesy of a camping trip. Maybe I'll write about that later. -M
--

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 21 September 2007:

Appetizer What is your favorite type of art?
Art? What's that? I can't tell a Manet from a Monet. But I do like the work of Escher. Yes, M.C. Escher; that's my favorite M.C. (see below).

Soup When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?
The school where I was substituting last Friday had a teacher appreciation lunch featuring a baked potato bar. Which was handy, considering I'd left the house without lunch that day. Oops!

Salad On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?
I'm a pretty emotional guy sometimes. At least 8 or 9.

Main Course Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?
Probably only about 10-15 minutes. Most of my online communications these days is done via blogs.

Dessert To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?
In the summer, we turn it all the way down. We don't have AC, and there's no use having the heat on when it's 90°+ outside. In the fall, winter, and spring, we usually keep it around 70° when we're home and 60° when we're out.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 142 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that could be your personal theme song.

» "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas (from the album Leftoverture)
Carry on my wayward son,
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Carry on - you will always remember
Carry on - nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you


» "The Road Goes On" by Toto (from the album Tambu)
Now I see it all through different eyes
This emotion can't be wrong
Past the mountains under empty skies
And the road goes on

Now I see it all through different eyes
Where I'm going, where I've gone
All I know - I'm still surprised
That the road goes on and on.


» "Subdivisions" by Rush (from the album Signals)
Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions ---
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

Subdivisions ---
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth


» "Island" by Jimmy Buffett (from the album Coconut Telegraph)
Island
I see you in the distance
I feel that your existence
Is not unlike my own
Island they say no man is like you
They say you stand alone
Sometimes I feel that way too

It's the need for love -
Heart and soul accompaniment
Seems to make me different from you


» "White & Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic (from the album Straight Outta Lynwood)
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You'll find that they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Stephen Hawking's in my library

I been browsin', inspectin' X-Men comics
You know I collect 'em

I'm nerdy in the extreme
Whiter than sour cream
I was in A/V club and glee club
And even the chess team
Only question I ever thought was hard was
"Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?"

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home