All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The 12 Days of Thanksgiving - Day One

One of my personal pet peeves is how little attention Thanksgiving gets compared to Christmas (or other December holiday of your choice). With all the attention given to Halloween and then to the holiday gift season, it seems like Thanksgiving gets passed over.

So this year I wanted to start a new personal celebration: The Twelve Days of Thanksgiving.

Each day between now and November 26th, which is Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S., I'll list one thing for which I'm thankful. Feel free to play along if you'd like. :)

On the First Day of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for:

Good friends. I am surrounded by good people. Some I have known literally for decades, and some are new friends. Either way, I know I have people who are there for my in difficult times. For this, I am thankful.

Tune in tomorrow for more gratitude. And thanks for reading. If you're one of the people reading this, you're one of the people I was just talking about.

1 Comments:

  • I've always felt that Thanksgiving gets the shaft. 12 Days of Thanksgiving...That is a great idea! I think I am going to play myself. Sure love you honey!

    By Blogger Nancy, At November 15, 2009 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home