All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The 12 Days of Thanksgiving - Day Seven

On the Seventh Day of Thanksgiving:

I am thankful for good music. My musical tastes are both broad and eclectic, reflecting the many influences to which I've been exposed. Whether it was my parents (ABBA, John Denver, Dr. Hook, Beethoven), my friends (Rush, Yes, No Doubt, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers), my teachers (Holst & Vaughan Williams, Glenn Miller), my brother (Cross Canadian Ragweed, Reckless Kelly, Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans), the movies (Williams, Poledoris, Knopfler) or even my television set (Vangelis, Honhaness, Mancini), I've always been surrounded by music. I can sing a bit, and I could even play a couple of instruments (tuba, trombone, bass guitar) back in the day. But even when I'm not singing or playing, or even listening, I've always got music with me. It's a wonderful blessing. I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn as much about music as much as I have.

1 Comments:

  • Your love for and knowledge of music was one of the first things that impressed me about you. And I love your singing voice! :]

    By Blogger Nancy, At November 22, 2009 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home