All Now Mysterious...

Monday, October 18, 2004

Soda

I've made reference to the Jones Soda Co. in a previous post. I was picking up a few groceries on the way home from work today, and I decided to treat myself to a new flavor. (Incidentally, it was the cream soda: different, but good. 4/5) I noticed some writing inside the lid, so I took a look. It said:

"Soon you will be sitting on top of the world."

Then I noticed some smaller print around the edges. It said:

"We swiped these quotes from actual fortune cookies. Send your quotes to us at www.jonessoda.com."

So I started looking at the label. Each label is nearly unique; they use a lot of different photos. Next to the photo, I read this:

"Send us your photo, if we like it we will put it on our label."

But the best part was on the back of the label, just above the nutrition information. It read as follows:

"Ya gotta make a living somehow; we chose the beverage world. Good old soda with a twist. No hidden meanings, no billion dollar ad campaigns. At Jones, we want you to buy a lot of soda and recycle the bottles. The labels are kinda like our minds - always changing. Run with the little guy...create some change."

I like the way these guys think. Pass me another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home