All Now Mysterious...

Friday, December 17, 2004

Η γιορτή της Παρασκευής

Appetizer What is something that never fails to grab your attention?
The smile of a beautiful woman. That, and the sound of an explosion. (Both warnings of imminent peril...?)

Soup Who was the last person who gave you money, and what was it for?
I think it was Jack, one of the other supervisors at work. I was heading to Carls Jr., and he asked me to pick him up a sandwich.

Salad If you were a Smurf, what would your name be?
Sardonic Smurf. I detest the Smurfs, always have.

Main Course Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
I believe I've made my feelings on astrology clear in previous posts: We Tauruses don't believe in any of that crap.
Seriously, though, I feel that astrology is an excuse that a lot of people use for not taking control of their own lives. We ultimately have to make our own choices, and live with the consequences. "Men at some time are masters of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves." (Julius Cæsar. Act i. Sc. 2.) If that explanation is good enough for Shakespeare, it's good enough for me.


Dessert Have you seen any snow this year yet? What's the weather like today in your area?
We got a little snow in late October, then got dumped on just after Thanksgiving. That snow has all since melted, but it's chilly this morning. WeatherBug tells me that it's 27°F outside right now, with a forecast for mostly cloudy skies and highs near 40°F.

Title translation provided by Babel Fish Translation.

{Friday's Feast, 17 December 2004}

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home