All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Trick or Treat

We celebrated Halloween here last night instead of today. (Only in Utah....) One of my housemates had work and the other has a girlfriend, so I was home alone for Trick or Treat duty. I wanted to give out something a little unusual, so instead of chocolate bars or hard candy, I gave away packs of Extra sugar-free gum. And erasers. I found a couple of packages of neon-colored pencil-top erasers, so I gave those away with the gum. A lot of the kids seemed happy just to get the erasers, and I had to tell the to wait while I got out the gum. Go figure.

If resources were plentiful, here are some things I think might be fun to give away as Halloween 'treats':

  • Sample-size tubes of toothpaste / toothbrushes
  • 12-ounce bottles of Gatorade
  • Markers
  • Baseball cards
  • Golf balls
  • Canadian quarters
  • Dice of various colors (and sides – d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20)
  • Poker chips
  • Carpet swatches
  • Bottled water
  • Vitamins
  • Cloves of garlic (You can never be to careful with all those undead-ites running around!)
  • Duct tape
  • Tea bags
  • Bus tokens
  • Christmas cards
  • Plastic screw anchors
  • Blank cassette tapes
  • Rutabagas
  • Those Valentine's Day candy hearts that taste like Tums.

Actually, this is what I think I'd like to do for next Halloween: at Easter, I'll save the orange Paas dye tablet while I'm coloring the eggs. Then, when October rolls around, I'll decorate a lot of boiled eggs with black and green (and maybe yellow) crayons, then dye them orange to make them look like little Jack-o-lanterns. That's what I'll give to the kids. Bwahahahahah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home