All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day

So, today is the big day. One way or the other, all the rhetoric and shouting ends today...I hope.

One nice thing that Utah does is to provide a Voters' Guide before each election. It includes statements from the candidates for the major state offices and a review of the records of the judges that are up for reinstatement. It also provides an analysis of the major ballot initiatives, offering an argument for, an argument against, a rebuttal to the argument for, and a rebuttal to the argument against. I make it a point to read this publication before every election - my tax dollars are paying for it, after all. I've seen a lot of other people on campus reading it. I wish everyone would. I go into the voting booth each year wondering if I'm just canceling out the vote of someone who has no idea what the issues are.

I hope that all of those readers who are registered to vote will take the time to do so today. But even more, I hope that those who do vote will have taken the time necessary to make informed decisions rather than just walking the party line on every issue.

Well, I'm off to the polls. Although Utah uses punch cards like Florida did/does, I don't foresee a hanging chad controversy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home